Tips for Escaping a Structure in the Event of a Fire in Ft. Lauderdale
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North knows a small flame can turn into a large fire in a matter of minutes. Sometimes, a portable fire extinguisher is not enough to save your Fort Lauderdale North home or business and the only thing you can do is escape.
Lives are more important than objects, so get yourself and others out of danger.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North Offers these Tips for Escape:
- Make an escape plan ahead of time. Make sure everyone knows the plan
- Make sure that all doors and windows open easily
- Plan at least two different ways of escaping every room
- When you leave, close the doors and windows to shut in the flames
- Practice the plan
- Do not stop to pick up valuables. You can replace objects
- Make sure your plan includes a place to meet that is a safe distance from the home
- Do not turn off smoke alarms when you cook. You may need the warning
- If you have to go through smoke, crawl under it
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North reminds you to call the fire department once you are outside the home.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North is independently owned and operated.