Commercial Fire Prevention in Wilton Manor
According to the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA), a small flame can turn into a major fire within 30 seconds. Fire and smoke can destroy your home within minutes. While SERVPRO® of Ft. Lauderdale North can help you recover from fire or smoke damage, we’ll feel better if you never need this help.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North posts these tips in honor of Fire Prevention Month.
Preventing Fire Damage in Wilton Manor:
- Keep anything that can catch fire at least 3 feet away from heat sources such as candles stovetops, fireplaces, or heaters
- Items that can catch fire include food, paper, cloth, & wood
- Keep employees feet away from all heat sources
- Be cautious using space heaters
- Turn off portable heaters & put out flames when leaving the room
- If your office has a fireplace, have the chimney inspected & cleaned once a year
- Let ashes cool before removing them to a metal container
- Test smoke alarms once a month
- Pay attention any frayed plugs or cords near your desk space
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North suggests you have at least 1 fire extinguisher accessible, and that you know how to operate it.
Remember: Fire moves quickly. If you cannot contain a fire immediately, leave and bring everyone with you. Call 9-1-1 once you are safely outside.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North is independently owned and operated.
Check out our videos! https://www.SERVPROftlauderdalenorth.com/video-content