Unclog Gutters to Prevent Davie Florida Water Damage
Wilton Manor gets plenty of rain. SERVPRO® of Ft. Lauderdale North has no power to change that, but we're sharing information about the importance of cleaning the gutters of your home or office.
Clear Gutters Help Prevent Storm Damage and Water Damage in Wilton Manor:
- Debris such as twigs, leaves, and litter can clog the gutters
- Clogged gutters cannot channel rain to downspouts, leaving the water to run off the side and pool near the building's foundation
- Signs of a possible clog: sagging or off-kilter gutter, nesting birds, water near the building's foundation, leaky roof, rotting foundation
- Clean out the gutters twice a year
- Be sure to check the seams, downspouts, and bends
- Broken struts mean the gutter is more likely to collapse, so replace broken or missing support pieces
- Clogged gutters may worsen storm damage or water damage
- Check for damaged or missing screens, replace if necessary
- Find out if any downspouts lead to underground pipes and check those for clogs or debris
If storm damage or water damage hits Wilton Manor, call SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North. We're available 24/7, and we're Faster to any size disaster.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North is independently owned and operated.