Safety Tips when using Candles in Ft. Lauderdale North
Although fires from candles happen more often around the holidays, many people use candles all year round. SERVPRO® of Ft. Lauderdale North wants you to be safe from fire and smoke damage. It is important to be careful any time you have an open flame in your Ft. Lauderdale home.
Fire Prevention is the best way to fight against fire damage or injuries.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North offers these Tips for Fire Prevention from Candles:
- Do not let children near candles
- Keep trees and other plants away from candles
- Make sure candles are not near window curtains or blinds that could catch fire
- Keep lit candles in safe candle holders
- Do not leave children alone in a room with lit candles
- Do not light candles in the bedroom. You might fall asleep. One-third of all candle fires start in the bedroom.
- If the power goes out, use flashlights instead of candles
- If someone in the home uses oxygen, do not use candles
- Fire damage from candles happens 35 times a day in the U.S.
- Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can catch fire
- Put out candles when leaving the room or going to bed
A little caution goes a long way to protect you and your loved ones. If you have to deal with damage caused by smoke or fire from a candle in your Ft. Lauderdale home, your friends at SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North are just a phone call away.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North is independently owned and operated.