Mold Cleanup and Prevention Tips for Ft. Lauderdale
Did you know that varieties of molds are always present in the air? SERVPRO® of Ft. Lauderdale North wants commercial and residential property owners in Oakland Park to know that damp indoor conditions can become a breeding ground for various types of molds. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, buildings should be inspected for evidence of water damage and visible mold as part of routine building maintenance. Here are some tips to follow to control mold growth:
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can—between 30% and 50%–all day long.
- Promptly fixing leaky roofs, windows, and pipes
- Thoroughly cleaning and drying after flooding
- Ventilating shower, laundry, and cooking areas
- Use an air conditioner or a dehumidifier during humid months
- Fix any leaks in roofs, walls, or plumbing so mold does not have moisture to grow
- Be sure the building has enough ventilation. Use exhaust fans which vent outside
Once mold starts to grow in carpet, insulation, ceiling tiles, drywall, or wallboard, the only way to deal with the problem is by removal and replacement. This is why SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North provides mold remediation and mitigation services to Oakland Park business owners and residents “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 954-733-1066.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North is independently owned and operated.