Breathing Concerns After a Fire
Soot is potentially very dangerous and can cause severe respiratory issues. Never enter a home without facemasks or other forms of respiratory filters, since breathing in soot can be very hazardous. If it has been some time since the fire, you may also be at risk of breathing mold spores or other biological matter. If it is not within 24 hours after the fire, mold, spores, and other potentially deadly contagions may be present, so you should hire a professional to help you clean up the areas with house fire damage. Even though smoke may not be visible, it may still be present in your home and cause subtle respiratory issues. Respirators or facemasks are always mandatory after a house fire. Let your professional restoration company’s contractors decide whether or not they are necessary. Call us at SERVPRO of Fort Lauderdale North & Plantation for a professional assessment.