2019 Hurricane Prep Tips for Your Wilton Manors Home
Hurricane season is stirring up a storm. As we are already getting hit with rains all the way from Oakland Park to even the Plantation area, 2019 hurricane preparation should be top priority for all Florida residents. If the weather leaves your home going "Ft. Lauderdale south" for a lack of a better pun, you shouldn't waste time in reaching out to SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North. We're always ready to rescue you during your hurricane troubles.
Every year people's lives are affected by these major storms. (Look back to 2017!)
Even more so, here are some 2019 hurricane preparation tips.
2019 Hurricane preparation tips:
- Fill your car's gas tank and any extra gas cans ahead of time. If you live near water dense areas like Lauderdale by the Sea, things may go South very quickly and you may find yourself needing to quickly evacuate. In which case, you'd definitely need a full tank of gas.
- Having a few camping lanterns will come in handy in the event of any power failures. Not everywhere has underground power lines like the Weston area.
- Fill large freezer bags with water and freeze them with your freezer turned to its coldest setting. If the power goes out, you'll have blocks of ice to preserve things in the fridge and coolers.
- Before a storm hits be sure you've stocked up on clean drinking water or bottled water- one gallon per person per day for no less than three days.
- Invest in a battery powered or hand crank radio to stay up-to-date on what's going on in your area.
- Be sure to withdraw cash from your bank account before the storm as some banks can be closed for days until power is restored.
- Unplug TVs, computers, and appliances before the storm to avoid damages to electronics.
- If you can't stay with friends or family outside of evacuation zones, be aware of your nearest hurricane shelter, and overnight kennels for your furry friends. Check your city's main website for details on shelter locations. For example: https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/
- Consider boarding up your house and going out of town until officials in your area say it's safe to return.
Your hurricane preparation should be complete well before a storm hits. Hurricane preparation is the most important skill for a south Florida family.
The American Red Cross has a complete hurricane preparation checklist available here. SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North hopes you have a safe and damage-free storm season, but should disaster strike, SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North will arrive "faster to your disaster" and make it "like it never happened."
You've got the support, always here to help.
We've supported hundreds of families and businesses like yours before. You are not alone. Whether reactive or preventative, our team can jump into action to make sure things are a success.
Give us a call at (954) 733-1006 or visit our website at http://www.SERVPROftlauderdalenorth.com/