In-home Fire Safety for the Wilton Manors Area
Fall is quickly approaching! That means all of the fall activities are about to begin in Wilton Manors, if they haven’t already. One popular item associated with the fall season is the candle. If a house smells like fall, it feels like home. SERVPRO® of Ft. Lauderdale North knows that candle fires happen and even though candles are small, the damage of a residential fire by a candle can turn out to be larger than expected.
Here are some candle fire safety tips to prevent fire damage in the Fort Lauderdale and Wilton Manors areas:
- When lighting a candle in the home, keep the candle at least twelve inches away from anything that can burn
- Try to avoid keeping a lit candle in bedrooms, bathrooms or sleeping areas
- Do not leave a lit candle where a child or family pet can access or reach it
One more important candle safety tip to consider about leaving a lit candle in the bathroom. It’s common to use aerosol chemicals when cleaning, but this becomes extremely dangerous if there is a lit candle nearby. Aerosols are highly flammable and this can cause an explosion of sorts – please practice safety first and share this tip with friends and family (especially young people) who may not be aware of it. Prevent bathroom fires and kitchen fires by applying the tips listed above.
If your Wilton Manors home suffers from fire damage or smoke damage as a result of a candle fire candle, please call the trained professionals at SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North so we can help clean up the fire mess and damage.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North is independently owned and operated.