Bring Your Pets When You Have to Evacuate Your Plantation Florida Home
Hurricanes and other severe storms can make Wilton Manor unsafe for its residents. If people must evacuate, the pets have to go too. SERVPRO® of Ft. Lauderdale North hopes you can use these tips from the Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA).
Before a Storm Strikes Wilton Manor:
- Make sure the information on pets' tags is current
- Rabies tags
- Consider a microchip for the pet
- In case you and your pet(s) are separated, have photos of yourself with each pet
- Know where to find pet-friendly motels and shelters
- Lists of all medications and conditions
- Comfortable and secure carrier for each pet
- For pets that can be leashed: leash or harness for each animal
- Copies of all prescriptions
Emergency Kits for Pets
- Proof of vaccinations, veterinary records
- At least a 3-day supply of food and water for each pet
- Pet first-aid kit
- Treats and toys, especially favorite ones
- Familiar blankets or other bedding
- Something that smells like you (old t-shirts are good)
- Enough medication for 3 or more days
- Rx and other medications
If you want more information, SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North recommends the Red Cross website.
Storm damage and water damage do not have to ruin your home. SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North can remediate damage “Like it never even happened.” We are available 24/7.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North is independently owned and operated.